We envision a world in which all people have safe water, proper sanitation and the knowledge to sustain it for future generations.
Our mission is to improve the health and livelihood of children and families in the developing world by partnering with communities to establish safe water solutions.
Community. Education. Trustworthy. Integration. Commitment.
Community. Community is truly the foundation of our organization.
- PWW is a community of caring individuals with a shared passion to bring safe water to rural and underserved communities.
- We involve the communities we serve in every step of the way.
- Ninety percent of our staff is in the field. Staff is often local, born near the communities they serve.
- There is no one-size-fits-all solution for community water problems. We bring solutions that match individual community needs and educate members living there, empowering them with the tools and knowledge to continue to have safe, clean water for generations to come.
- We develop collaborative partnerships to bring the best possible solutions available.
- We leverage our knowledge, sharing with local NGOs and governmental organizations.
Education. Education is at the heart of sustainable clean water solutions.
- We assess each community's level of interest and involvement, prior to selecting an area in which to launch a WASH program.
- We educate the community about good hygiene practices, as it is a key step in the initial installation process. Technical training, monitoring and follow up support the long-term effectiveness.
- We deliver WASH Training and Consulting Services, offering local organizations education about the causes of waterborne disease and how to prevent those diseases in simple, sustainable ways.
Trustworthy. Our choices and decisions are made with integrity and compassion for all.
- We treat every individual and community with compassion and understanding, respecting their values, beliefs and lifestyles.
- We believe in being transparent with our finances and making fiscally responsible decisions for our donors, partners and the communities we serve.
Commitment. We envision living in a world where all people have safe water and proper sanitation.
- We are dedicated to developing clean water solutions that will improve the lives and health of community members living in rural and underserved locations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- We are committed to providing community members with the skills and tools to acquire and maintain safe water programs and proper sanitation, empowering them with the knowledge to pass it along to generations that follow.
Integrated. We are big picture thinkers, providing comprehensive, sustainable safe WASH solutions.
There will be a day when future generations will not know the pain, suffering and struggle of waterborne illnesses.
Since 2008, we have provided one drop at a time to: