Last #GivingTuesday many joined us in helping provide safe drinking water, hygiene education and sanitation to families living in the Trojes, Honduras communities of San Ramon #2 and Santa Rosa. Below is an update on work that has been done, thanks to our generous donors!
Families and individuals have given stories of gratitude, sharing how lives are different today because of incredible generosity. Sonia is one of those individuals…
Sonia lives in San Ramon with her husband and children. She shared that before the project, infections and gastric diseases regularly inflicted their children’s health. Now, they no longer suffer. The filter and hygiene practices have become essential. They offer deepest gratitude to those who supported PWW and their community.
What was accomplished:
- 2 communities reached: San Ramon and Santa Rosa de las Quebradas
- 54 families benefited
- 6 hygiene workshops with families
- 2 Community agent trainings
- 79 Biosand filters in homes
- 2 community workshop for latrine construction
- 44 latrines constructed in homes
- 447 individuals benefiting from the program
- 4 gender specific latrines for school
- 2 handwashing station for school
- 4 school workshops
- 2 Biosand filters for schools
Latrines in San Ramon and Santa Rosa before the project started.
Community agents poise for a photo after training.
Community members help build a model latrine in Santa Rosa.
School latrines and wash stations are completed in Santa Rosa (left) and in San Ramon (right).
Thanks to our #GivingTuesday donors, here are some happy families with filters, latrines and an improved knowledge of hygiene education.