Thanks to your generosity in 2016, Pure Water for the World was able to do so much good…from launching our most complex, comprehensive safe water, sanitation and hygiene project
yet, to meeting the most basic needs of families who survived the wrath of Hurricane Matthew.
YOU are doing the extraordinary by helping to provide lasting health, hope and opportunity to children and families who need it most. We enter 2017 filled with deep appreciation and with excitement and anticipation for what is to come!
Before we fully launch into the new year, we pause to reflect upon the empowering work YOU made possible last year:
- 21,696 lives are changed forever, having received access to life’s most basic necessities.
- 1,646 families across Haiti and Honduras received essential hygiene training and now have safe water filters in their homes.
- 372 families in Honduras now have proper latrines and are benefitting from a safer environment, improved health and personal dignity.
- 25 schools in Honduras received safe water filters, handwashing stations and gender-specific latrines (as needed), providing students with access to clean water and safe and healthy hygiene at school.
- 7 schools in Haiti received safe water filters, providing access to clean water at school.
- 178 individuals, representing organizations (including NGOs and government agencies), participated in 13 WASH (WAter, Sanitation and Hygiene) workshops/seminars, gaining the skills to bring safe water programs and hygiene practices back to their respective communities.
- 410 Community Agents have been trained and are supporting families in their respective communities with the correct and consistent use of clean water and sanitation tools and hygiene practices.
- 7 PWW staff members received certifications from CAWST after participating in extended WASH education courses, expanding upon PWW’s program offerings.
- Honduras PWW WASH Team completed a KAP Study (Knowledge, Attitude Practices) for UNICEF in La Mosquitia.
- Haiti PWW WASH Team performed 60 water analysis tests for clients in our new water quality testing lab.
This year, we will continue working toward our vision of safe water and sanitation for all, with ambitious goals that include:
- Adding sanitation to our effective safe water and hygiene solutions in Haiti, to create a comprehensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) program.
- Expanding upon our successes with implementing safe water projects in the extremely impoverished slum of Cité Soleil, Haiti by reaching 600 more families this year.
- Accelerating access to safe water and sanitation by increasing the reach of our WASH training programs, teaching other organizations how to implement successful water projects, by expanding programs in Haiti, Dominican Republic and Central America.
- Building upon our existing water quality testing in Haiti, formally open PWW’s Water Quality Testing Laboratory.
- Share lessons learned and best practices by bringing our in-country teams together for a PWW Learning Exchange.
- Developing relationships with partners and sponsors globally to expand our reach and penetration in regions served.
With you as our partner, we know we can do more. We invite you to help us reach our ambitious goals by sharing the gifts of water year-round, as a monthly donor. Click here to learn more.
Stay up-to-date on PWW’s activities and impact by following us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Learn about project updates, stories from the field, and important water news. Join in on the conversations and continue shining the light on the need for safe water, hygiene and sanitation for all.
As invaluable members of our team, we have an open door and welcome your input, ideas and involvement to help us create an even greater impact. Contact us anytime.
Thank you so much for your continued passion, dedication and commitment. We look forward to this year and to discovering what is possible when working together.
Wishing you and your loved ones a healthy, happy, extraordinary 2017!
Carolyn Crowley Meub