Carolyn Crowley Meub WASH for Women Empowerment Scholarship
To provide a mentorship scholarship program for a student studying the role of women and girls, in relation to WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene), in underserved communities in developing countries.
- Learn about Women, Girls and WASH in developing countries from Carolyn Meub, PWW’s Executive Director for 17 years, and PWW in-country team.
- Spend four weeks with PWW team, in Honduras, immersed in learning about the role women/girls play in Honduran communities, their challenges and opportunities.
- Identify topic of interest for required degree, prior to the trip, and then gain hands-on learning during the visit.
- Keep a journal of daily activities and findings. This can be turned into a blog and posted at www.purewaterfortheworld.org as well as shared on social media.
- Write a paper about the experience, including areas of study, any testing or research done in country, findings/results, and recommendations.
- Provide study format for potential publication.
Applications accepted until February 15, 2020. Students will be notified by March 3, 2020. Internship experience will take place during the summer.
Internship stipend will cover the cost of experiential time in Honduras and round trip ticket to and from Honduras. Scholarship award value: ~$2,500.
Carolyn Meub, PWW Executive Director, Emeritus
PWW Deputy Director
PWW Country Director (where Internship will take place)
PWW Board President