In September 2015, the United Nations outlined the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes 17 comprehensive and detailed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
SDG-6 defines goals for clean water and sanitation that support the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
Learn more about SDG-6
This goal aligns directly with our vision, that all people have access to safe water and proper sanitation, with the knowledge to sustain it for future generations.
Our established and proven programs and practices directly support the UN’s SDG-6:
- Implementation of safe water and sanitation tools, directly supports access goals.
- Comprehensive hygiene education and training programs align with safe hygiene goals and support correct and consistent use of the tools and practices.
- Monitoring and follow-up practices support long-term sustainability of the tools and practices.
- Extensive WASH (WAter, Sanitation and Hygiene) education programs train other organizations, aligning with SDG-6 capacity-building and international cooperation goals.
- Comprehensive WASH solutions support goals to strengthen the participation of local communities with improving the management of water and sanitation tools and practices.
- Focus on establishing relationships with local, regional and national government to align with, and support, their respective goals to attain the SDGs.